Public Resources

Dauphin County Bar Association List of Resources

  • If you are looking for a private attorney that you can hire and pay, please contact our online Lawyer Referral Service at  After reviewing the rules, please click on “Find a Lawyer” in the blue box and complete our online form.

    • Please note:  There is a non-refundable fee of $51.50 per referral for our services.  

    • We do not accept walk-ins and we are closed on Friday.  Thank you in advance for your patience with our small staff and large demand for services.   

  • If you would like to see if you are eligible for free or pro bono legal assistance for a civil (non-criminal) legal issue, please call MidPenn Legal Services at 800.326.9177 or

  • If you are looking for free legal help for a criminal matter, you can call the Dauphin County Public Defender’s office at 717.780.6370.

  • If you are 60 or over and looking for free legal help, you can call the Dauphin County Area Agency on Aging at 717.780.6130.

  • If you are 60 or over and looking for help with a custody matter involving your grandchildren, you can call the PA SeniorLAW Help Line at 1.877.727.7529 or

  • If you have a Consumer Protection issue, please contact the PA Attorney General’s Office at or 800.441.2555.

  • If you are looking for general legal information, please go to -  this website provides information about the laws in Pennsylvania and a link to the Dauphin County Courthouse Self Help forms and instructions (also here: Welcome to Dauphin County, PA) .

  • Submit a question about immigration or veterans benefits legal issues and receive answers from pro bono lawyers at

  • is a free web site where eligible users are able to post questions about civil (non-criminal) matters and volunteer attorneys can answer them.

  • We encourage you to try mediation to help you resolve disputes by calling the Neighborhood Dispute Settlement at 717.233.8255.

  • For landlord / tenant rights information, rental property issues, or dispute settlement assistance, please call the Fair Housing Council of the Capital Region, Inc. at 717.238.9540 or

  • is a website with searchable information on renters' rights, resources for tenant self-advocacy, and downloadable customizable sample letters.

  • If you are looking for other help, dial 211 or 1.855.567.5341.  A specialist will help you locate programs and services in your area. The specialist can help make it easier for you to find information, discover options or deal with a crisis.  This service may be able to assist with housing and rental counseling

  • For information on legal aid for prisoners’ rights, contact the PA Institutional Law Project at 215.925.2966 or

  • For information on civil rights issues, contact the ACLU of PA at 1.877.745.2258 or

The first place to look when searching for a lawyer!

Use our search to find the legal advice you need.

Find A Lawyer

Not A Member Yet? JOIN US!

Keep up-to-date with what's going on in our ever changing community.

Coronavirus Information